Welcome to “Light Always”. The title of my blog is inspired by the first words spoken by God in the Bible: “And God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light.” (Genesis 1:3 (NIV))
A few things about me:
1. I am originally from the tiny city state of Singapore. I attribute my love of food to this country, where you will find 24/7 eateries scattered all over the island. 🙂 Don’t be surprised therefore if once in a while, I write about food – both familiar and new dishes, whichever strikes a chord on my taste buds.
2. My physicist husband and I lived in the US for about 4 years, before we moved to Brisbane (Australia) early this decade.
3. I am fascinated about condensing technical jargon into simple and digestible concepts in plain English. At one point in my life, I was a Legal Editor. Then, Science took my fancy, with all its discoveries and technological advancements. I found myself satisfying this fascination first, by running a nanotechnology website, then by achieving my Masters in Journalism (with a focus on Science journalism), and finally, by working in the comms world, drafting scientific press releases and communicating Science to the public. I have now shifted my focus back to the academia, and have recently started my PhD studies in Science Communication. (From time to time in this blog site, I will endeavour to touch on the topic of Science and Creationism.)
4. I attend a great Church in Brisbane that has given me the opportunity to thrive in my faith and to grow in Christ. During a recent life-threatening illness, I witnessed first-hand what God’s love is about, as many of the members graciously came forward and extended a helping hand during that difficult time. And oh! All those coffee catch ups that I’ve had (and will continue to have) with the ladies from the Church — you know who you are! Thank you for your prayers, and kind words of support and encouragement.
5. You probably would have guessed by now that I am a coffee drinker. I am a great fan of flat white with regular milk — I wouldn’t have any of the skimmed milk stuff that so many people these days ask of their baristas. Nice, thin layer of velvety foam on top, taken in a highly warm state (but not at boiling point), will do, thank you. Sometimes, when I’m in the mood for a slight variation, I’d go for soy milk instead of regular milk in my flat white. Ok, I’m a bit of a coffee snob…that’s one flaw I need to look into. One day, I’ll write a full post about this, you’ll see! 🙂
6. I love the power of prayer and have experienced God’s goodness and love in my life, and seen it in the life of others. His goodness and love is waiting for you as well. I would love to hear from you and pray for you — do get in touch with me via the “Contact” page.
Psalm 23:6 (NIV):
“Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Thanks for stopping by!
Brisbane, Queensland (Australia)